The ideal for our students is that they are continuously learning and asking powerful questions. We need to do the same as we continue to grow as educators.
Here are some questions that I try to keep in the back of my head as our school continues to grow:
- What is best for the kids?
- How does this impact student learning?
- Would we be doing this if we started schools from scratch?
- How does this align with our school and division vision?
- What do we need to keep and what do we need to throw away?
- Will the impact of this initiative be worth the time and effort that we need to put into it?
What are your questions?